Tshwane Open Pretoria CC February 08 – 15
I thought Joburg on the previous trip in January was hot, it wasn’t! Sauna like in Pretoria all week and the trees, under which I spent a lot of the time, were a welcome shade, I’m guessing it was the same at home!
An interesting week;
- Normally there are around ten or more at the Wednesday morning study but this time only three … It was clearly one of those times God had ordained, as both Jake and the recently saved caddie wanted to talk personal matters, which as it turned out married in with James chapter three … Can I ask you to specifically pray for Jake as he is stepping aside from the Tour for a time, his failure to qualify again and his general play plus his families impending second child all proving a bit too much … the caddie (mentioned above) is in good form and very much appreciating daily the favour God has shown him and his upcoming season in Europe ….
- You may recall I mentioned that one of the caddies, came along to the study at the Portugal Masters last October, asking many questions, well we had a long chat and if he isn’t already in the Kingdom he isn’t far away, do remember him before God …
- The media was here this week and as always we met up 1-1 and James Ch 3 was fully looked at … he is now on the list to receive the updates so I have to be careful what I say about him; he’s wonderful, wise and insightful but he already knows all that, but seriously he is waiting on God for direction regards a job deviation, he’d appreciate your prayers …
- Another one of the caddies whose wife was extremely unwell with a tumour that was cancerous returned after being away looking after her for six months and I’m delighted to say that she is now fully mended, praise to God for that …
- And just to report that our old friend (the caddie) has been reading James, he reckons it all says the same thing but thanks to God he is at least reading the Word, which interestingly is from the bibles that are placed in the hotel rooms all around the world
That’s my final Sth African trip for this winter, just China for two weeks then it’s back to Europe … I’m off too brush up on my Chinese, currently two words and looking to double it to four ….
谢谢 [as doubtless you know this means ‘thank you’ in Chinese]
Ken Revie, Logos Golf Ministries Chaplain to the European Tour
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.