Job Title: LOGOS Golf Ministries Fieldworker – PGA European Tour
LOGOS Golf Ministries work under the umbrella of Christians in Sport.
Employment Type: One season’s contractual work with a view to extend (April – November 2018).
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Hours of work: Attendance at an agreed number of PGA European Tour season events made between the successful applicant and LOGOS Golf Ministries at the start of the season. Each trip lasts 3 days, generally Tuesday – Thursday.
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd January 2018. Interviews will take place in January 2018.
To apply: Send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the position to Elizabeth Chambers, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the role please don’t hesitate to email the address above.
The successful applicant will play a vital role, as part of a specialised team, in reaching out to and serving the world of professional golf. The travelling lifestyle of a Tour player makes it difficult for Christians to access regular fellowship, pastoral support and bible teaching and for fellow golfers to hear about how the Christian faith applies to their sport.
LOGOS Golf Ministries fieldworkers travel on the PGA European Tour, PGA Ladies European Tour and the PGA Tartan Tour, where they aim to build relationships with officials, players and caddies, lead bible studies for Christians and those wanting to explore the Christian faith and provide pastoral support. This particular role will focus on the PGA European Tour.
The successful applicant will also play a part in the team which supply the Official European Tour golf equipment census.
– Travel to an agreed number of PGA European Tour season events to fulfil duties outlined below.
– Find and encourage Christian officials, players and caddies in integrating their Christian faith with their sport, through regular bible studies, conversation and pastoral care.
– Give the opportunity for all on the Tour to consider how the Christian faith fits and enhances the world of professional golf.
– Host group Bible studies at season events.
– Provide regular post-tournament reports to LOGOS Golf Ministries.
– Carry out duties for Sports Marketing Surveys Inc. as part of the Official European Tour golf equipment census. These duties are focused on the Thursday of each event (5am – 4pm) plus two hours preparation on the Wednesday of each event.